NP/PA – Patient Support Unit
Start Date: November 21, 2021
Job ID: 130249
NP/PA Patient Support Role – team is needing to increase in size due to the new member expansion.
This NP/PA goes to contracted clinics and helps them with their initial workup and assessment of the Medicare Advantage patients to ensure proper coding and RAF scoring. So not your typical clinic work – must be willing to drive throughout Waco up to Hillsboro and have at least 9 months of experience. This is a very autonomous role with plenty of training available. You will not be treating patients, but you will educate patients and providers on proper coding, risk adjustment metrics, capturing documentation, and adhering to quality protocols. The NP/PA will also interview patients to ensure proper documentation and to ensure all preventative screenings have been complete.
8A-5P M-F – no call, no nights, no weekends
$110k + 15k annual quality bonus + benefits
30% driving to clinics, 30% home and nursing home visits, 30% telemedicine, 10% data mining – Waco/Hillsboro territory
- Discuss care plans with patients and explain test results and proper use of medications.
- Consult patients and close GAPS and ICD-10-HCC codes and screenings for patient panel members.
- Utilize multiple telemedicine platforms to see patients remotely when necessary.
- Assess patients to determine individual needs and develop care plans in coordination with multidisciplinary healthcare professionals, including physicians, case managers and social workers.
- Review outpatient records and interpret documentation to identify all diagnoses and procedures.
- Drive operational improvements which result in healthcare cost savings.
- Identify issues, analyze information, and provide solutions to problems.
Nathan Houston, Consultant