LVN Home Health
Start Date: January 21, 2022
Job ID: 141937
The need is to cover 1 FTE
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE-LVN-HOME HEALTH
Essential Job Functions:
- Under the direction of the RN, assist in identifying the patient’s physical, psycho social, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
- Participate in planning and implementing care in conjunction with the RN, in accordance with the POC.
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both staff and patient (OSHA).
- Assure the continuity of care through delivery of quality patient care.
- Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionals as evidenced by clinical notes, case conferences, communication notes, and evaluations.
- Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payor.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing
- Licensure: Current Texas State license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse, current Texas Drivers License
- Experience: One year experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in a clinical care setting required.
- Home health experience preferred.
Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills.
Transportation: Reliable transportation. Valid and current auto liability insurance.
Works in patients’ home in various conditions; proof of current CPR, and Hepatitis profile; possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and
infectious diseases; the ability to work flexible schedule; the ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN emergency call.
Prolonged standing and walking required, with ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move patients. Requires working under some stressful
conditions to meet deadlines and patient needs, and to make quick decisions and resource acquisition; meet patient/family individualized psychosocial needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
Special Demands: Must have discretion in judgement, tact and courtesy in working with diverse audiences at multiple levels of the organization as well as maintaining professionalism with internal and external customers.
- Morningside Ministries Immunization Policy: All employees will be required to receive or show proof of receipt of an approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, except where a legally authorized religious or medical (not personal preference) or otherwise legally protected exemption is established. Reasonable accommodations such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like face masks, face shields and other protective equipment or safety measures may be identified as reasonable accommodations enabling the performance of essential job functions.