Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)- DIRECT HIRE-Hershey, PA
Start Date: December 06, 2023
Job ID: 280407
We are looking for exceptional Certified Surgical Tech's with at least 1 year of multispecialty CST experience. This is a state-of-the-art facility with 7 OR's and Treatment rooms
The surgeons perform procedures in the following specialties: Urology, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, General Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Neurosurgery, ENT, Gynecology, and Pain Management. If you are you a Team Player looking to work for an amazing company, then look no further!
SHIFT: (5) 8-hour days, 7a-4p
NO Weekends, No holidays, NO nights
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 year of multispecialty surgical scrub tech experience
- MUST BE CERTIFIED
The main role of the Surgical Scrub Tech is to anticipate the needs of the surgical team; establish and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
About Us-Who is Provenir Healthcare and why work with us?
We are your prime source for quality healthcare positions across the nation. Healthcare has been and always will be our only focus, so we’re knowledgeable and passionate about what we do and take pride in our Joint Commission Certification as a national staffing and recruiting agency. We look forward to working one-on-one with you in helping you find the best opportunity for your healthcare career. Work The Way You Want!
Call/Text anytime: 219-787-2334
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
- Are you vaccinated for COVID?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Surgical Tech: 1 year (Required)
- Active PA Certified Surgical Technologist Degree (Required)
Work Location: In person